Steamboat Lake Outing

Our first Pack outing will be to Steamboat Lake on Saturday, September 22nd from 10:00am to 2:00pm. This is a fun day for the Pack at a beautiful place and enjoying the awesome fall colors with lots of activities and is a great way to get to know new scouts and their families. The kids will have free time to play, fish, crawdad hunt, and get really muddy. All Scouts, siblings, parents, etc. are invited. But please note absolutely NO dropoffs, scouts must have an adult with them.

Pack 194 will provide hot dogs for lunch but the rest of the event will be pot luck. Wolves and Webelo II please bring side dishes, Bears please bring an appetizer or chips. and Tigers and Webelo I please bring desserts - please do not bring the desserts out until the picnic is underway, you can keep them in your car. To keep with the Scouting way of sustainability we ask that your family bring your own reusable plates, cups and utensils. If you have any camping kits those would be perfect. Please also bring a form of napkin to use.

After lunch there is a very fun and beautiful hike with wildlife and incredible views . This hike is short and easy, so pretty much anyone can come along. Dens might work on some achievements during the hike or at the visitor center, see your den email for more info.

This is an outdoor event so please bring sunscreen, bug spray, a hat and plenty of water. Until the picnic the kids love to play in the mud, please be aware that they often manage to get incredibly muddy so please have them come in the clothes they don't mind getting muddy and maybe water/muck boots. Bring some towels to clean them off because then before lunch they will clean up, dry off and change in to their Class B shirts and hiking shoes. There will also be fishing if you feel so inclined but you will need your fishing licenses.

We meet here! Behind the visitors center (not at the Marina). Do not get a parking pass as we are exempt.

If the weather takes a turn we will move the festivities to the Roadhouse, this will be decided Saturday am so if the weather is iffy please keep an eye out for an email from Matt or Dave.