Note that the BSA policy on the requirement for leaders to renew their YPT training has changed. It is now necessary to ensure that your training will not lapse before the end of the following membership (calendar) year.Here is the process for completing your YPT:
1. Go to https://my.scouting.org.
2. Sign in, or create an account.
3. Click on "Home" at the top left of the window.
4. Click on "My Dashboard".
5. A new window should appear, called "My Training", if My Training doesn't show up, click on the three white bars and then on "My Training".
6. "YPT" should also be preselected. If it isn't, click on "YPT" near the top of the screen.
7. Completing the course takes only about 20 minutes.
8. Once completed, please print a PDF copy of your certificate and email it to our Pack Trainer, Ken Mauldin at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that Youth Protection Training must be retaken every two years and now must be active through to past the end of each calendar year of membership. For example, let's say your current YPT expires in August 2016. For your BSA membership for 2016 to be valid, you should undertake YPT again before the end of this year, in order to be covered for all of 2016.
Pack News >